Summer is here. Time to make your dating life sizzle!
The best thing about the summer dating season is the abundance of great, low cost date ideas sure to make an positive impression on your special someone. The key is to get outdoors and let Mother Nature be your matchmaker!
Here are 10 “Can’t Miss” Vancouver summer date ideas!:
- The picnic date: nothing says summer lovin’ like a picnic with your special someone. Pack some snacks and a bottle of wine and romance will soon follow.
- Go fly a kite: take your date to Granville Island to buy a kite, then head to Vanier Park and watch it fly. Having fun is always a good dating strategy.
- Garage Sale-a-go-go: spend a sunny weekend browsing, laughing and chatting your way through the local neighbourhood garage sales.
- Festival fever: summer means festival season in Vancouver… the Folk Fest and the Khatsahlano Festival in Kits are can’t miss summer dating classics.
- Bard on the beach: Shakespeare, a beautiful outdoor setting, and a wine bar make a perfect dating combination.
- Music under the stars: head to Deer Lake Park or Malkin Bowl for an outdoor concert. Bring a blanket for optimal cuddling.
- Farmers markets: for the healthy and community minded couple, a visit to a local farmer’s market feels good, and tastes good too.
- The PNE: yes its cliché, and yes its fun! Scary rides, cheesy games, and stuffed animal prizes. You’ll both be smiling all the way to your next date.
- Lighthouse Park: a true Vancouver gem! Take your date for a romantic walk, complete with breathtaking views of our city.
- Nat Bailey Stadium: hot dog fan or not, watching a baseball game at “The Nat” is an old-school date that won’t let you down.