The holiday season is here, complete with snow, Santa Claus, mistletoe… and meeting someone new? Yes, say the Proactive Dating Professionals at Executive Search Dating!
Here are 5 sure-fire ways to put someone special under your mistletoe this year:
- Be jolly: people are generally happier and easier to approach this time of year; so put a holiday smile on your face and practice saying ‘hello’ and ‘Merry Christmas’ to new people.
- Be merry: parties may not normally be your thing, but now is the time to break from your normal routine. Get out to as many Christmas parties as you can handle; remember, you’ll have plenty of time to recover in January!
- Throw a Christmas party: invite some friends over and ask them to invite some of their single friends. Try picking a day and time that will maximize attendance, like an after work party or a Sunday brunch event.
- Tag along to a friend’s party: a friend’s office party can be a great way to meet other single professionals, without the potential downside of over-indulging with folks who you’ll have to work with the next day.
- Hit the apres-ski circuit:whether its skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing or hiking there is one thing that unites all winter sports enthusiasts: the apres-ski activities! Enjoying a warm mug in front of a fireplace is a great way to socialize with other outdoor types in an environment where everyone is at ease.
With the holiday season now upon us, many singles wonder whether they need to put their single lives on hold until the new year. Not so say the Proactive Dating Professionals at Executive Search Dating!
From the holiday party season to the Christmas spirit, this time of year offers multiple ways for singles to meet someone new. In this CBC radio interview, Executive Search Dating President Paddi Rice offers some timely holiday dating advice for Vancouver singles:
Being a single, busy professional is not always easy. Juggling your career, family and friend commitments, while at that same time trying to find someone special for yourself can be challenging. Dating, however, shouldn’t feel like just another item on your daily ‘to-do’ list!
Here are 10 dating facts from the Proactive Dating Professionals at Executive Search Dating that will help you get the BEST results from dating:
- Dating should be fun – when dating is fun, YOU get better dating results.
- Dating is THE best way of finding a compatible relationship partner.
- Successful dating starts with being open minded.
- First dates are NOT the best time to determine true compatibility with someone.
- Having some nerves on a first date is a good thing.
- Focusing more on your date partner than yourself makes for a successful first date.
- Dinner on a first date is not advisable. Drinks and an appetizer will do.
- Under-dressing for a first date shows a lack of respect for your date.
- The primary objective of a first date is to get to a second date.
- The first date is the BEST time to ask for a second date.
According to the Professional Matchmakers at Executive Search Dating, the answer is: absolutely! Here are just a few reasons why the holidays can be a boon to your single life:
- The Christmas party season: the holiday season is THE peak season for home and office parties… get yourself invited to as many parties as you can, or throw a party yourself and ask your friends to invite some of their single friends. Also, try tagging along to a friend’s office party. This can be a great way to meet single professionals in a friendly environment that’s conducive to starting up a conversation.
- The year’s best approach line: the holidays comes complete with the year’s best approach line: ‘Merry Christmas!’. Use this can’t miss approach line at a Christmas party and you’ll be meeting new and interesting people in no time! Like all good things, however, this approach line does have an expiry date, so put it to good use before the holidays are through.
- Great winter date ideas: the winter weather offers a couple of can’t miss date ideas for Vancouver singles: try and gondola ride up Grouse Mountain followed by an invigorating skate on the mountaintop Ice Skating Pond. Cap it off with dinner, drinks and the best view in all of Vancouver at the Altitude Bistro. Another Vancouver winter dating classic: a snow adventure day at Whistler Village. With the newly upgraded Sea-to-Sky highway, a Whistler day trip is much easier and safer then in years gone by.
As Vancouver’s premier matchmaking service for singles and professionals, the proactive Matchmakers at Executive Search Dating are always searching for high quality, compatible matches for their clients. 6 years and thousands of successful matches later, we have found certain ‘essential’ elements in a compatible match…. here are 3 of them:
- Chemistry: all good matches require a little bit of personal and physical chemistry; having said that you don’t need to have a huge amount to warrant a second date with someone you’ve met. Unless you are ABSOLUTELY sure that you have no chemistry with someone, we always encourage you to see someone a second or third time as that’s typically a much better time to establish common ground.
- Compatibility: even more important than initial chemistry, true compatibility is the real secret to a long term connection. As Professional Matchmakers we typically don’t subscribe to the ‘opposites attract’ philosophy… you’ll have a better chance of connecting with someone long term when you have some things in common.
- Timing: meeting someone who is ‘relationship ready’, and being ‘relationship ready’ yourself, is an important and often underestimated element of finding someone special.