Executive Search Dating, Vancouver’s premier dating service for singles and professionals, is getting Vancouver singles ready for Valentine’s Day: the most exciting AND dreaded day of the year!
“Valentines day can be great if you have someone special in your life, but it can also be stressful if you’re single” says Paddi Rice, President and Owner of Executive Search Dating. “With all the pressure surrounding the big day, it’s not fun to find yourself dateless on February 14th. But stay positive; the arrival of Valentine’s Day means spring is right around the corner, THE best time of the year to meet someone new!”
Here are Executive Search Dating’s Top 7 Valentine’s Day Dating Myths:
1. It means everything: the world won’t come to an end if you are dateless on Valentine’s Day. Lose the blues, meet-up with a few friends and use it as a chance to meet some new people.
2. It means nothing: if you do have someone special in your life, make an effort to show them how much you care. Yes, it’s a ‘Hallmark Holiday’, but leaving your sweetheart alone on Valentine’s Day will send the wrong message.
3. You have to celebrate it on February 14th: pick another day around that time and make it your own personal Valentine’s Day. It’ll be much less crowded and less expensive too!
4. It has to be dinner, chocolates and flowers: be unconventional; catch some live music, hit a museum or go ice skating at Robson Square. Creativity always trumps convention.
5. The earth has to move on Valentine’s Day: the best dating moments are ones that come naturally. Don’t feel pressured to do or say anything on Valentine’s Day that you wouldn’t do or say on any other date night.
6. You need to spend lots of money: in the dating world: meaning matters more than money. The best gifts are thoughtful ones, not necessarily expensive ones.
7. If I’m single on Valentine’s Day, I’ll be single all year: actually, Valentine’s Day is NOT the best time to meet someone new. But spring is, and it’s just around the corner!
Executive Search Dating (www.ExecutiveSearchDating.com), voted Vancouver’s ‘Best Dating Service’ in the 2011 Georgia Straight Best of Vancouver awards, is a professional matchmaking service founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2004 by Paddi Rice. Modeled after the Executive Search recruiting industry, Executive Search Dating matches their client base both with existing clients AND with headhunts who are proactively sought out and carefully screened specifically for them.